Nayana H is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru, having 3.5 years of experience in teaching. She has received B.E degree in Civil Engineering from VTU, Belagavi, M.Tech degree in Structural Engineering from VTU, Belagavi.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
She is effective in classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, active participant in departmental committee work and curriculum development and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically by adopting modern technical teaching methods like ppt and visiting industrial sites, as well as other assigned duties.
Courses Handled :
Concrete Technology, Theory of Elasticity, Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Design of steel structures, Structural analysis, Surveying, Design & drawing of steel structures, Basic material testing lab, Concrete & highway materials lab, Geotechnical engineering lab, Surveying practice lab, Extensive survey.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Exam coordinator, Workshop & seminar coordinator, Industrial visit coordinator, Project & seminar coordinator.
Paper Publications & Presentations :
• “Studies and Investigation of Stresses in Thin Walled Members”, International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
• “Dynamic Analysis of Masonry Infill RC Frames for Soft Storey Criteria”, International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
• “Analytical Studies of Fiber Reinforced Concrete Steel Tube Under Axial Compression” International conference on current trends in engineering , technology and science held at DBIT, Bangalore 5-7th January 2017
Workshops & Seminar :
• One day Faculty Development Programme on “Irrigation Design & Drawing” held at Acharaya Institute Of Technology on 12th April 2014
• National technical seminar on “Modren Technologies in Civil Engineering” held at DBIT Bangalore on 15th & 16th September 2016.
Research Area :Structural Dynamics & Earthquake Engineering.