C Prasanna kumar is working as Associate Professor & HOD in the Department of Civil Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mysore road, Bengaluru having 20 years of experience in teaching and 4 years of Industrial Experience. He has received B.E degree in Civil Engineering from Bangalore University, M.Tech degree in Environmental Engineering from Mysore university. Registered for Ph.D In Jain University.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is effective in classroom teaching, academic advising and counselling of students, active participant in departmental committee work and curriculum development and service such as assisting in recruitment of students and initiatives designed to help students succeed academically by adopting modern technical teaching methods like ppt and visiting industrial sites, as well as other assigned duties.
Courses Handled :
Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Building material and construction technology, Design & drawing of steel structures, Design of RCC structural elements, Structural analysis, Surveying, Fluid mechanics, Hydrology and irrigation engineering, Hydraulic structure and irrigation design drawing, Concrete & highway materials lab, Applied engineering geology, Surveying practice lab, Extensive survey, Environmental engineering lab.
Additional Responsibilities as per NAAC or NBA : Industrial visit Coordinator, Workshop & seminar Coordinator, LIC & NBA Coordinator.
Paper Publications / Presentations :
• Recent advances in civil engineering and architecture in DSATM,ISBN 978-93-84935-78, page no 135-138
• Trends in robotics and Automation in construction in IOS,ISSN 2778-1684, page no1 to 5
WORKSHOP & SEMINAR :
• “National programme on technology enhanced learning NPTEL”at jyothi institute of technology, on 28th Jan 2016
• Faculty development programme on “Advance technology and modern trends in civil engineering constructions” held at JIT, Bangalore on 11-16th January 2016
• Faculty development programme on “ Green building technology- changing paradigms” held at NIT, Kozhikod, Kerala 9-14th june 2014
• Workshop “ Applications of finite element analysis in structural engineering” helt at ALVAS college of engineering, mudbidire, on 25-26th October 2013
• Workshop “Feel teacher” held at college for leadership and human resource development on 26-28th july 2013
Research Area :Structures, alternative materials in construction.