Mr Madhusudhan Y is passionate and dedicated faculty from department of chemistry. He has done M.Sc., M.Phil in General chemistry. He started his career as a chemist, expertise in the analysis of water and effluent samples. He is well versed in handling high-tech lab equipments like Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer, UV-Spectrophotometer, Mercury analyser etc., He joined the academia in the year 2008, presently working as an Assistant professor in the Department of chemistry, DBIT. Apart from academics he is also actively involved in research. Polymer adhesives, Chemical kinetics are his area of interest.
Academic and Co-curricular Responsibilities :
He is teaching Engineering chemistry, Engineering Chemistry Lab & Environmental studies to the BE students. As a class teacher he monitors and reviews the progress of individual student present in the section. Being a mentor he takes personal interest to develop mentoring relationship with students. During the weekly mentoring sessions he provides insight on critical thinking skills, self discipline and good study habits. He was the organizer of a student career oriented programme “VRITHIEES” at DBIT, Bangalore. He was the organizing member of Nano Mela/work shop - 2010, RAMS – 2011, FCC -2013 & ICCTEST - 17. Presently he is the faculty coordinator for organizing guest lectures.
• Two days “Nano mela/work” shop held at DBIT during 2009 – 10.
• Two days Conference on “Recent Advances in Material Science – RAMS” held at DBIT during 2011.
• Two days National conference on “Frontiers & Challenges in Chemistry – FCC” held at DBIT, during Oct 10-11, 2013.
• Three days International conference on current trends in Engineering, Science & Technology Organized by DBIT, Bangalore.
Courses Handled :
• ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY FOR I YEAR, ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY LAB FOR I YEAR, ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES FOR I YEAR.
Additional Responsibilities as per NBA:
Time table coordinator.
PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS:
• J.P. Shubha, Y. Madhusudhan& Puttaswamy, “Kinetics and mechanistic chemistry of sodium N-halobenzenesulfonamides oxidative decolorization of azo dye acid orange 10 in Acid medium: Spectrophotometric approach”. IJIRSET, Volume 4 , Issue 3, March 2015, 817-828.
• J.P. Shubha, Y. Madhusudhan, R. Raveesha & Puttaswamy Spectrophotometric kinetics and mechanistic chemistry of oxidative decolorization of disperse orange 13 by sodium N-halo-p-toluenesulfonamides in acid medium”. IJLTEMAS, Volume IV, Issue II, March 2015, 55-62.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES
• Y. Madhusudhan, J.P. Shubha “Kinetic modeling and mechanistic approach on the oxidation of N,N Diphenyl thiourea by Chloramine-T in Acid Medium” 2017 in International conference on current trends in Engineering, Science & Technology Organized by DBIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in three days Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Chemistry and Material Science” held at GCE, Ramanagaram during February 2-4, 2011.
• Participated in two days Faculty Development Programme on “Personality Development for Teachers” held on Nov 28-29, 2011 at DBIT, Bangalore.
• Participated in Two days workshop on “Research Methodologies and Latex” organised by VTU e-Learning center at KSSE, Bangalore during June 1-2, 2012.
• Participated in two days “National conference on Frontiers in Applied Spectroscopy” held at Maharani’s science college for women, Bangalore during Feb 13-14, 2014.
Research Area :
Chemical Kinetics, Corrosion science & High Polymers
• Achieved academic excellence by repeatedly securing 100% results in vtu exams and got certificate of appreciation for the same from DBIT, Bangalore.